Sunday 19 March 2017

Good enough?

I made an error of judgement this year. I chose to do a course in economic history this semester.

It was a strategic and considered choice but it was still wrong for me.

Now I find myself in a difficult situation. I am due to hand in an essay tomorrow and it is not complete nor do I believe it is within my capability to complete.

I have a convincing argument, I also have a fairly solid introduction and conclusion what I do not have is anything more than the bare bones of the body of the text nor any coherent data to back it up.

At this point I would usually mess things up for myself and not hand in the assignment or go to tutorials or lectures however, this is last chance saloon for me and I promised myself I would not mess it up with self defeating, self destructive behaviour. So, what I am going to do is accept that sometimes good enough is good enough.

What's more I am also going to accept that I can't always reach even that point and rather than throwing it all away in a fit of pique I will hand in what I have done, cross my fingers and hope for the best. After all if I hand in nothing I fail automatically, if I at least hand in what I have done I have a chance, however slim, to at least get some marks, maybe even pass?

No comments:

Post a Comment