Friday 6 December 2013

Well, I did it. I survived NaNo. I even managed to finish...the word count that is. My novel is still nowhere near finished but I am still working on it.

In the meantime I have decided to celebrate the end of NaNoWriMo by participating in the mighty Chuck Wendig's current flash fiction challenge

My couple of hundred words follows on from this; http://joebrewing.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/another-flash-fiction/.



I lay there vaguely enjoying the sensation of feeling again after having been numb for so long. I was pondering my next move - I’d heard a rumour of a woman in a nearby village who might be able to help me - when I heard voices calling in the still morning air. 

I moved quickly, careful not to disturb the cotton in my haste, on to my front bringing my knees up under me so I could spring up quickly if I needed to. As I did so my hand darted to the pile of clothes by my side and the slender yet deadly blade concealed beneath.

As the voices moved closer I sought the quiet place in my mind,the place where I could leave my self behind. I needed to disengage my emotions, to leave my humanity behind and find the monster within.
I had hoped to be able to leave that part of myself behind but it seemed I would have to hold onto it, for now.

I stood slowly, aware of my nudity and how it would affect my seekers, and held my blade out ready for whatever was thrown at me. Every sense on high alert.

“Over here. We’ve  found her” A voice called.

No comments:

Post a Comment